Sunday, March 29, 2009

Quick Update

With Medieval Fair only a week away, I am proud to say that I am finally making real progress on my garb. Beezlebub's Caftan is almost finished, just needs the facings stitched down. I know I did this in a completely incorrect way (incorrect by professional sewing standards), but it was the best way I could come up with that I could do and it's actually working out just fine. I'll explain in my final caftan blog when I finish it.

This evening I will be putting together my entari which should be a cake walk compared to the caftan.

Also this evening I will be trying my hand at making mamoul (nut-filled cookies), lemon jalab (syrup) and possibly some candied orange peel if I have the time and energy. More on that later.

And my fiance has had enough of me complaining about not having pictures of my gomlek, so he is helping me with that as soon as we get back from dinner. Post following shortly.

No comments: