Thursday, July 16, 2009

BIG News of Both the Mundane and SCA Variety!

My deepest apologies for having disappeared for so long! The summer months are usually SCA-free for us so most attention wanders away from clothes and customs and more toward the mundane. However, I wanted to check in as I have some grand news to report!

First, as of May 24th, 2009, my Lord Ashikaga and I are officially engaged! Of course much craziness ensued and I lost touch with the outside world for a minute. We have decided to plan the wedding for October 16, 2010 which gives us more than enough time for balancing wedding life with all other life!

Second, Happy 30th Birthday to my beloved Ansteorra!! We attended the grand affair last weekend and, while it was unbearably hot at times, enjoyment was had by all!

Third, a very boisterous VIVAT to our newest Steller Highnesses, Owen ap Aeddan and Genevria di Betto di Adriano!!!!! If you will recall, we were honored to watch Sir Owen compete and win Wiesenfeuer Championship last April and now we will be honored to watch him ascend the throne this November! Huzzah! This will be the first Northern Ansteorran to win crown in a very long time, so we are all overjoyed at getting to witness a Coronation in our own backyard, so-to-speak.

Thanks to my readers for being so patient with me. I know there were some questions of just where the heck I have been lately...

No comments: